Tuesday, August 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday #103 - We Have Lift Off

Happy Wednesday everyone.

My kids and I are heading back to Calgary today after a lovely week away in BC. It is hard to leave my family and this lovely setting but I'm glad I will get to come back at the end of October to go to Knit City!

I have been happy with my knitting progress this week. I guess that's what can happen when you don't have to drive, clean or cook!

First up are my Vanilla Latte socks. I have started the second sock. I am loving watching the stripes match up with the first one. I think that might be my secret to avoiding second sock syndrome. 


Next up, I have cast on and made good progress on my Sockhead hat. I love the way the Kidazzle yarn is knitting up.


Finally, I have finished the colourwork on my Monkey's sweater.


Can you tell what they are? (For the love of all that is woolly, please tell me they look like helicopters.)

I've made good progress on three of the four projects I brought on my trip. Not bad!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's progress over on Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki

Favourite Things:
I had a great time on this trip finding a few geocaches with the kids. Geocaching is a great way to get the kids outside and excited to go for a walk. With a smart phone and an app from geocaching.com it is easy to find cache locations and get going. We've now found geocaches in three different provinces in the last six weeks!



8 comments:

  1. must admit it wasn't till you said helicopters that I actually noticed!! Great WIPs though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects and such a nice picture of your little man:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job on the helicopters! I haven't done any colorwork before it scares me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The helicopters are GREAT!!! Also, I remember geo-caching with some friends nearly 10 years ago-- it's amazing that it's still around, but now with smart phones!! I'm thinking of trying it with some friends soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those helicopters are awesome - no doubt about it! Stripes in socks really pull me along too. I'm always wanting to carry on to see the next colour ... and then the next one ... and then the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They absolutely look like helicopters, great job! Love the colours of your sock, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see heli's for sure! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for making great progress on your projects. The helicopters most definitely look like helicopters. That is going to be a cute sweater for sure! Your little guy looks like he is having a lot of fun with the geocaching. Note to self: google geocaching :)

    ReplyDelete