Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday #104 - Another Thing


Happy Wednesday everyone.

About two weeks ago, I started casting on All. The. Things. I am enjoying working on them all but when you have several different projects on the go, it doesn't really look like your making progress on anything.

So... I cast on something else ; )


I've started my Seashore Cowl and I'm loving it. I've had the yarn and pattern in my queue for about a year and it feels good to finally be knitting it. This project has moved up the priority list for August as one of the colourway names meets the criteria for this month's AlphaKAL at my LYS (O is for Oat). I'm using KnitPicks Capretta in pesto and Aloft in oat on my 4mm signature needles. So far so good!


This bag (from The Knotted Bag) is supposed to be for spinning but I couldn't resist putting this WIP in it. Can you blame me?

Cheers, Nikki

Favourite Things:
This week I'm feeling very grateful for my knitting group. After spending so much time on holidays and visiting family, I'm feeling a bit lonely (and to be honest my kids are making me a bit nuts). I love having my knit night to look forward to. I'm lucky I get to knit with a great bunch of gals and they give me endless inspiration for my knitting.
Craft Night action shot
Want to see more posts like this? Check out WIP Wednesdays through Tami's Amis.




4 comments:

  1. LOVE the cowl, the Aloft looks so soft and squishy.

    i wholeheartedly agree, knitting groups are awesome. We refer to ours as "group therapy", I always feel so refreshed and energized after one of our get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors in your cowl. I love the sheep on your bag. It's perfect for your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cowl and that bag is fab! I know what you mean about having so many projects on the go that you feel you don't get anywhere but then cast on something new! Knitters curse! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors of the cowl! Plus it goes so well with the colors of that adorable bag. I am envious of your knitting group. Since my LYS closed shop, there hasn't been many opportunities to knit socially here.

    ReplyDelete