Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday #105 - First in, First out



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I fell off the blogging bandwagon a bit over the past week. I don't really have any reason (other than the baby is teething and I am T.I.R.E.D.) I am constantly blogging in my head, I just wish it didn't take so long to get it onto the screen! Seriously, I need a mind reader app (I'm sure those Apple folks have it in the works).

Fortunately, while not blogging, I have been knitting a lot. Unfortunately, you aren't going to see a lot of it here here today because my main project is finished! Here's a sneak peek.


Be sure to come back Friday for the big reveal!

I have made some progress on my other projects. 



Yeah, I've still got about five inches to go... No, I'm not kidding.

I've just about finished the body of my helicopter sweater for my Monkey.


Next up are the sleeves. Tell me why again I'm not making him a vest? Monkey is a bit obsessed with time these days. He want to know exactly when his sweater will be finished. I've promised it for the start of school, which gives me a little less than two weeks.

I am starting to daydream a little about what's next...
Since I'm on a "yarn diet" (kinda) until Knit City, I've been looking at my stash and wondering where to start. I've been watching some old Stockinette Zombie podcasts lately where they talk about "First in, First out". I thought that that sounded like a great way to work through my stash. That is until I realized that my "first in" is ten skeins of Rowen 4 ply soft I picked up in am amazing sale when I had been knitting for about two months. 


They were 75% off and at the time I had no idea how much you need for a project... so I bought them all. I have 1900 yards in a forest green (it's much greener than the photo is showing).

I'm toying with the idea of an Abigail cardigan. Needless to say it would definitely be a long term project.

Any other ideas of a way to (quickly) use up nearly 2000 yards of fingering weight wool? Sigh.

Hope to see you back here on Friday!

Cheers, Nikki

Many more WIPs to check out over on Tami's blog!




10 comments:

  1. Will you show the finished project on Friday? I hope you get some sleep soon. Being tired is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors on that first (finished) project. My son would * love * that helicopter sweater. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind reader app? Now, that could be dangerous:)

    I'm intrigued by the green and white stripe project--looking forward to seeing it soon.

    As for using up 2000 yds quickly, I have two words for you: crocheted blanket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, gorgeous knit, I'm looking forward to seeing your FO. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects! My favorite is the sweater.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-102/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little sweater!
    Could you hold the yarn double or triple - might give you a few more options. I have a massive skein of solar-dyed variegated laceweight I have no idea what to do with (its like 1400 yards) and I'm considering holding it 2x or 3x because there is no way I could make that work otherwise. I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the helicopter sweater, you are so clever! I would love to make that for little boy when he's a bit bigger.
    Also great buy with the yarn, I love Rowan, looking forward to seeing what you make with it.
    Also looking forward to your reveal on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sweater is too cute! I love yarn sales, you scored big!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I get shivers of yarn-envy looking at that big pile! Very curious about that finished object too, it looks fabulous even from that small pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever the green and white FO is, it is so gorgeous. I love all your projects though. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete