Friday, September 27, 2013

FO Friday #83 - Purple Flower Hat

Happy Friday everyone!

We are having some lovely fall weather here in Calgary. The days are mostly bright but there is a distinct chill in the air that has me thinking of wool socks and warm hats. As of yesterday, our furnace is officially on.

Doodlebug started thinking about this year's winter hat long before the leaves started to change colour. She has been adamant that this year she wanted a "purple flower hat". The rest apparently was up to me.

With this lovely little accessory, I think I have finally entered the realm of pretty good advanced knitter. I looked around at a few patterns and then decided to get what I want, I should just to make my own up. This hat is a pretty simple thing but I am pleased that it is all mine.



Yarn: Madelinetosh tosh DK in the Lolita colourway
Purchased at Knit & Needle in Whitefish Montana
35g used
Love this yarn. Love the colour. Love the softness. Love the stitch definition.
Love.

Size: 3T

Pattern:
Cast on 84 stitches with 3.25mm needles using Wolly Wormhead's Alternate Tubular cast on.
Joined in the round and knit about 12 rows 1 x 1 rib with 3.5mm needles.
Changed to 3.75mm needles for the main body and knit until total length was 14 cm.
Decreased every other row until 8 stitches remained.
Daisy Chain flower inspired by autumgeisha!

The only thing better than how happy this little project has made me, is how pleased Doodlebug is with it!



I feel a hat binge coming on. Stay tuned...

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. It looks great. I love the flower on it. You are one clever mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very pretty. I love the two colors together also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute hat. You did a great job developing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! So great that you made up your own pattern. I will have to knit some up for my annual charity hat donations. Aren't those daisy chains so easy to make? Doodlebug looks adorable in her hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With three large projects on the needles right now, I feel a hat marathon coming too! I just have to find victims for the hats because no one in my family wears them.

    ReplyDelete