Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Spins - New to Me SAL

Happy Sunday everyone. And Happy September too!

I am in no rush to see the end of summer but I am very excited for all the KAL's and SAL's that start this month.

Malia (rhymeswithmaria) of the Yarnraising podcast has a Spin Along starting today where the goal is to expand your spinning horizons. You can enter for spinning a new fibre, using a new tool or trying a new technique.

I am trying for the triple-whammy.

I am spinning some polworth for the first time.


I am using a my spinning wheel for the first time (squeeeeeee).

I sampled on my wheel yesterday while watching a YouTube video about how to use it. Prior to that, I didn't even know how to set it up! My polworth braid will be my first true spinning on my bug. I am very excited with how it is going so far.


Finally, my plan is to chain ply my single for the very first time. I actually have no idea how to do that either. There must be a YouTube video for that too, right?

I'm starting by spinning the braid from end to end to preserve gradual colour change. 


I can't believe how fast it is spinning!

What are you planning to work on this September?

Cheers, Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Wow - fabulous!!!!! I can't wait to see how this spins up. Thanks for linking up to Spinning Show & Tell. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete