Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP #108 - Fruity Sunny Goodness

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I am having a great time knitting my Papaya Shawlette with my Tanis Fiber Arts Red Label in the club colour Papaya.  It is a very summery colour to be knitting right now but we are having a late summer here in Calgary (for now anyways, you never know it might snow tomorrow). Anyways, it's working for me.


I didn't realize until I started the pattern that this shawl has both lace and cables. It's a combination I've never knit in the same project before and I'm digging it. I have to concentrate on the pattern so I don't get a lot of time on it but I am very determined to have it finished by the end of September.  

This is a very happy knit and it is certainly helping me keep summer alive. 

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday's with Tami's Amis and I'll be back on Friday to show you Monkey's finished sweater!

Cheers, Nikki

Favourite Things:
Last week I showed you my Monkey starting kindergarten. This week, it was Doodlebug's turn to start preschool. On top of that, Bean has started crawling (sort of - he's definitely on the move). It's been quite a month for us! I'm ok if all this "growing up" takes a break for a while now...


6 comments:

  1. That shawl is going to be gorgeous. Love the yarn and the colors. Great pic of you and the wee one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is great and the lace and cables look wonderful. Great picture. Enjoy this time. Goes soooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are great! Reminds me of sherbet ice cream. The pattern looks like a fun one to knit. Hope your little ones had a good first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting pattern for your shawlette - looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete