Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday # 107 - A New Year


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Where did this Wednesday come from? The Holiday Monday and the start of school has got my head spinning! It"as been a very long time  a while since I was in school but somehow the start of September still feels like a fresh start to the year for me.

But not just school and activities start this month, it"s also the beginning of the Fall knitting season! Many of the blogs and podcast I follow have knit-alongs starting this month. I have been planning and plotting about how to participate in a many of them as I can. I've even considered starting a spreadsheet.  How's that for craft nerd dedication in all its glory?

First up, The Fat Squirrel Speaks (Do you watch her podcast? You should!) is having an "Un Squirrel it Away" KAL. The point is to finally knit up a yarn or a pattern you've been saving for "special". At the same time, the Must Stash Podcast girls are having a "Rhinebeck or Bust" KAL where you knit something you think would be worthy of taking to the Rhinebeck fibre festival. I of course am a "Bust" since I'm not going. I will get there one day!

I am planning to knit the yarn from the July instalment of the Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club. It is her Red Label merino, silk, cashmere base in the gorgeous Papaya colourway.



I am going to use it to knit the Papaya Shawlette that was designed for the yarn. So pretty!

This project will also qualify for this month's AlphaKAL for the letter "P" at my LYS.

Triple Dipping. Love it!

I can't wait to cast on... just as soon as I finish the neckband on Monkey's sweater. I'm so close!

I'm sure there is plenty more Fall focused shenanigans happening over at Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki

Favourite Things:

My big boy in Kindergarten. I can hardly believe it.




8 comments:

  1. Love that papaya color! You are definitely a knitter in a big way.

    Your son is adorable, btw.

    Popping in from Tami's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stranger! Can I tell you how much I love that you're contemplating a knitting spreadsheet? Awesome. And your grown up boy is beyond adorable as usual. So big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have regretted every day i did not join the TFA club this year, I have loved every skein so far. I am "this" close to signing up now, lol.

    Cannot wait to see your shawl knit up, this is such an amazing colourway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that yarn! And that shawl pattern too! What a beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that "unsquirrel it away" idea. I've been knitting with some yarn that's been in my stash for years, stuff I was afraid of because it was just too special to use. It's a great feeling to finally make something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a spreadsheet! I'm such a geek! You sound like you are going to be super busy, can't wait to seem them all finished!
    Your son is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, first day of school photos. My girls refused to let me do them once they were in high school and middle school! Love the yarn, so bright. I am doing 2 KALs this season, one in progress and one starts Sat. Not sure how well I will keep up with them. Good luck on yours.

    ReplyDelete