Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday #109 - In Between


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Boy, I feel like I don't have much to show you today. Not because I haven't been knitting but because I have been finishing. (This is a good thing!)

I have a finished shawl and two hats to show you over the next few Fridays. I have swatches for a fingering weight cardigan (so get ready to see that WIP every week for the next 6 months or so) but it starts with a provisional cast on, which means I need to focus to get it going and focus seems to be something I'm running short on these days. In the meantime, I pulled back out my Aerie Scarf which was still in the middle stockinette portion. 

Perfect for focus-less knitting on the go. Except, now I am now at the point where I need to start the lace again... More focusing required.



So, then I decided to start some Christmas socks for my father-in-law. I wanted to make Laura Linneman's Socks on a Plane. I was waiting to pick up my daughter from preschool when I realized that this pattern is toe up. I tried to do Judy's Magic Cast On from memory but it doesn't look quite right so I'm going to rip it out and start again. 


Of course, now I need to look up the cast on again and actually pay attention this time...

Maybe I'll just cast on another hat.

Cheers, Nikki

Check out more WIP's!





5 comments:

  1. You are very productive and your knitting work looks good, I love the pink-ish color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf is looking lovely. Boo to having to rip back the socks but at least it isn't too much work to lose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf is amazing I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I can get on a finishing streak like you! Can't wait to see the FO's. Love the colors of that scarf.

    ReplyDelete