Friday, October 25, 2013

FO Friday #86 - Picture Panic

Happy Friday everyone!

I think I have almost wrapped up my latest hat binge... although there is at least one more that I want to make. 

I panicked a couple weeks ago and decided that I absolutely needed to knit my daughter a hat for our upcoming family portraits... In 5 days. I used Cascade 220 sport and held it double to go faster. Of course, I didn't really adjust my guage for the thicker yarn and when I finished the hat I realized it felt like it was made out of iron and definitely was not flattering. 

So, I ripped it out and started again, sigh. 

I still finished with one day to spare. I based my hat on the Flower Hat by Rebecca Lennox. I used my own numbers and shaping for the hat and then attached the flower (which is sewn separately in pieces) as per the pattern. The hat is very cute but I would never have paid so much for a one size hat pattern if I wasn't in a panic. In the end, Doodlebug was as cute as a button for our photoshoot. I don't have the pictures back yet but I'll post one up when I do. 

Picture Panic




I'm in Vancouver for Knit City! I am so excited to go to two Yarn Harlot lectures tomorrow. One has a cash bar (although it will be tough to save some of my yarn money to buy a drink ; ) I'm sure to have lots of pretties to show you next week

Cheers, Nikki

Favourite Things:
We went to the first of several Halloween parties last night. All three kids had a blast. My favourite part was how gorgeous the weather was. This time last year we were knee deep in snow!


1 comment:

  1. The flower hat is beautiful. I think the pattern is worth it just for that stunning flower alone! The kids look so cute in their costumes :) Have fun at Knit City. Buy lots of yarns!

    ReplyDelete