Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday #110 - Two at a Time, Toe Up. Sort of.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am looking ahead this week, all the way to Christmas. Now that I am mostly done finishing all the things, I am starting some new projects. 

First up, I am making my husband a hat for our wedding anniversary next week. This is not just any hat. It is a crazy cabled hat out of some if the softest, most squishy yarn I have ever knit. I am making Knotty but Nice out of Zen Garden Serenity Worsted. I'm almost done the cables and so far I like. This needs to be done by Tuesday. 


Next, I've started some Christmas socks for my father-in-law. I am branching out and trying my first pair of toe up socks. I am knitting two at a time on separate needles in my attempt to avoid second sock syndrome because I know myself and I am easily distracted by new shiny things.  My verdict so far: they look good and I think they will fit well but the start was a finicky pain in the butt. The pattern is Laura Linneman's Socks on a Plane and the yarn is Ewe Give Me the Knits (EGMTK) sock yarn. 


Also, because it is the start or a new month, we are onto "Q" in my LYS's AlphaKAL. I'm planning to make Bean a Quynn out of Knit Picks Chroma.

I will admit, I am barely holding back from casting on everything I see, all at once. This space just might get a little nutty over the next little while.

You've been warned.

Cheers, Nikki

Linking up with all the other WIP's over at Tami's Amis








7 comments:

  1. Oooo! I like that Cable pattern... I'll have to give it a try - *when* I get around to "learning" HOW to do Them!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cables look wonderful in that yarn! It will be a perfect anniversary gift. I have not tried toe up socks yet because the cast-on always scares the heck out of me. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cables. A chroma hat would be so snuggly and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your almost at crown decreases, so I predict the hat will be done. The yarn looks gorgeous! And good for you for thinking about Christmas knitting! I suspect my plan will be to keep merrily knitting socks and then put names to them in mid-December :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cables look wonderful. Your socks looks great, too. So many folks have socks in progress right now: they make me want to cast on for new socks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting looking knits. Great ideas and inspiration flowing through my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ... wow. I love cables, particularly when they twine up from the k2p2 ribbing. So happy it's a free pattern! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete