Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday #112 - The Problem with Finishitis

Happy Wednesday everyone!

What's the problem with finishitis? There is not a lot left on the needles to show you! 

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to be finishing all kinds of things (and by "things, I mean hats) but I get a bit twitchy when I don't have go-to projects on the needles. I do still have socks underway but sometimes that just not quite enough, you know?

I have some plans, but they are for the kind of knitting that requires concentration and does not lend itself to grabbing on the go. Most of my bigger projects plans require a little thought and start up work (like a complicated cast on or, gasp, math). 

Anyways, I finally bit the bullet and started swatching and planning for a project I've had in my queue (with designated yarn) for two years... Abalone


I'm using Madelinetosh tosh dk in the thunderstorm colourway. I know I should probably be thinking about Christmas knitting but now that I've swatched I can't wait to get started!

Cheers, Nikki

PS. Of course, the good thing about finishitis is that I have lots to show you on Friday!



2 comments:

  1. Abalone... how in the world did I miss that pattern ? I love it and Your Madelinetosh in that color is going to look beautiful ! I know what you mean about the go-to projects. I must have go-to's and I do, about 20 of them just hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could get bit by the finishitis bug! Lucky you! Abalone is an oldie but goodie. I have had it in my faves for a while, also. Love the go-with-everything thunderstorm colorway that you are using.

    ReplyDelete