Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Sorted

Happy Monday everyone.

The start of a new year always inspires me to get things in order. I think it's a much better time than spring for "Spring Cleaning".  The weather is usually cold and miserable and you are spending a lot of time indoors anyways. Might as well put that time to good use! Then, when spring finally does arrive, you can just go and enjoy it. This year, I also have our pending move to motivate me to get things sorted...

So with that in mind, I have gotten immense pleasure this month from reorganizing and tagging my Favourites and Queue on Ravelry. I have also been plotting and planning for the new house on Pinterest.

I think that I have been making thing pretty and orderly in my cyber world to offset the fact that my physical world looks like this...


We move in 13 days y'all*! That is seriously nuts.

I'm not really making any resolutions for 2014. The truth is I feel so defeated when I never keep them. Instead, I'm just going to strive to grow and be the best person I can be in whatever ways that feels meaningful to me.

That said, like just about everyone else I know, I am going to try hard to stash down in 2014. I'm not on  exactly on a yarn diet (as proven my this totally random skein I bought this week)



but I have lots of pretty yarn I really want to knit with. Also, I'm hoping to go to Rhinebeck this year and it would be great to go feeling totally justified in blowing the yarn budget.

I would also like to make myself a sweater (see Rhinebeck above). I have plans and yarn for two, this one, and this one. Choosing will be one of the hardest parts.

Other than that, I am excited to see where the wind takes me. What are your goals for 2014?

Cheers, Nikki

* I love the word "y'all" and unfortunately I am not brave enough to use it in real life. You might need to get used to seeing it in this space - consider yourself warned ; )



3 comments:

  1. ah-ha! So that's where my Wool-Winder has been hiding... ;-D

    Girlfriend! I would KILL for THAT much FLOOR *SPACE* in order to bring "order" to MY *STASH* alone!! -- seriously! At the moment, I have about 6 or so empty [same colour as yours too..hmm...] Rubbermaid containers STACKED in the a hallway looking for a "footprint" of SPACE to "be" once they have been filled! -- I've got this ginormous "unsolved" Rubik's-Cube-CRAFT-*HOARD* going on!

    And, my CYBER-SPACE is just as bad... ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move! I think your plans for this year are good, work your stash down and be happy, what more could you ask for! I have made a huge list for this year but some of it is quite boring, like drink more water, go to bed early, not very exciting. I also have travel and knit and read more which is much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the packing and moving! Just think of how organized your new home will be. Unlike my cluttered mess of a house. One of my goals is to knit down the stash also. Of course, that will have to wait until after my trip to NYC. Can't pass up the chance to buy yarn at purl soho now can I?! I am hoping to get to rhinebeck this year also!

    ReplyDelete