Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Checking In and Catching Up

Happy Wednesday everyone,

So much has happened in the last four months that I am not going to even try go through it all. Instead I am going to summarize the highlights and then move on...

Suffice to say, Life Is Good. I really feel the last few months have been worthy of those capital letters. Not that things are easy or always going well but I feel like I have spent the last few months really living.

We moved into our new house and it was A LOT of work but it made me feel useful and productive and I am so happy with the outcome. I used to spend almost two hours a day driving Monkey to and from school, disrupting the lives of the other little ones along the way. It is now a four minute walk. Best decision ever. Hands down. And as an added bonus all the kids now have their own rooms which seems to going a long way to bring peace (and a slightly quieter noise volume) to the household, not to mention gives me somewhere convenient to send them when I am cross : )


(This is my backyard - that's the school on the right)

Bean turned one. And started walking. And started climbing and jumping and going down slides and using a spoon and talking on the phone... And has essentially stopped being a baby overnight. Much much too quickly in my opinion (but apparently my opinion doesn't matter). 



We went on an amazing family vacation to Australia. I got to spend tons of time with my BFF and her family. We saw All The Animals, we swam, we laughed and we knit. It was awesome.


(Oh, and I got bangs - a very courageous step for me)

And pretty much, that's it. 

There, now that we are caught up, we can return to our regularly scheduled program. The one in which I attempt to (*spoiler alert* and fail at) knit and spin all. the. things. 

Cheers, Nikki

3 comments:

  1. You got bangs! :)
    congrats on the new digs. :) sounds like good fun all around. :)
    Did you knit the little blue vest? super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, one already!?! How time flies. Super cute pictures of Bean...he looks like a fun guy to be around :)
    Your new house is beautiful. But more importantly, where's the craft/knitting room? Need to post some pictures when you get a chance. I love living within walking distance to my son's school, too. Can't beat the convenience.
    Those pictures of Australia are gorgeous. Love the new hair-do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a packed post! Thanks for your sweet comment. What I really want to know: travel knitting.

    ReplyDelete